Thursday, June 17, 2010

Here Goes Nothing

Today is the big day - I'm teaching my first Health Literacy class. I spent all day yesterday at PSI getting ready and outlining my plan for the summer. I decided the class will be broken down into four units - Medication, Adherence, Wellness, and Understanding Your Disease. For today's class, I'm going to be giving them a diagnostic quiz for the Medication unit (I'll give them the same quiz after I teach the unit so I can directly measure my impact). We're also going to have a discussion about what to expect from my class, and we're going to set up our folders. Should be a fun day, as long as they don't mind taking the quiz.

Last night I was introduced to all 66 of the residents of PSI at their nightly meeting. They gave me such a warm welcome, complete with applause! I can't wait to get to know each and every one of them.  I'll let you know how it goes today.

By the way, here's a picture of the front of PSI, if you were curious what the place looks like!

2 comments: